“How To Stop Picking?” - Ask The Therapist, Online
Counseling By a Professional Therapist Will Help You Stop Picking
ALL people who suffer from compulsive skin picking at some point come to the conclusion that they must stop picking, in order to live more freely and happily. If this is true for you, we’re here to help.
The Most Effective Method to Stop Picking
Picking compulsions are psychological in nature. Just think about it – you’re doing it to yourself, no one forces you. Some inner force takes over your body, and it is often stronger than your will power.
Compulsive picking is only a symptom of a deeper problem inside you. You cannot stop picking by treating the symptoms – you need to treat the cause.
Every case is different, and every person has their own cause(s). Identifying these causes is the most crucial thing you need to do if you want to stop picking. Once you’ve done that, you’re half-way to recovery.
This is where counseling and therapy come into hand. A professional counselor will analyze your case, and will help you identify the reasons WHY you pick your skin.
In fact, counseling has proven to be the most effective way to treat the skin picking disorder.
The Benefits Of Remote Counseling
Possibly the most important benefit of remote counseling for skin pickers is the fact that people who have this disorder are VERY shy, secretive and embarrassed by it. This is why in most cases people don’t turn for help at all. Remote communication removes the need to hide (you may even stay anonymous) – this way it is much easier for patients to open up and expose themselves freely. This is probably why remote counseling has proven to be so effective.
Other benefits of using remote counseling:
- Finding a therapist who specializes in treating the compulsive skin picking disorder is hard. Even harder to find one in your area. Fortunately, the Internet allows us to communicate freely, and online/remote counseling is a rapidly growing field today, allowing patients and treatment providers to connect.
- With remote counseling you decide when to initiate communication with the therapist, and how fast you progress.
- You can engage in therapy from anywhere – be it your home, office, or any other place.
- Remote counseling is often cheaper than the traditional option of going to a therapist’s clinic/office.
Introducing Dr. Ted Grossbart, Ph.D. – Expert in Skin Picking and related disorders
Dr. Ted Grossbart is providing counseling service for SkinPick.com visitors.
Dr. Grossbart is a worldwide known expert in the field of psychodermatology (the area of psychology that treats psyche related skin disorders). Compulsive skin picking and related disorders have recently become a major focus of his work with patients.
Dr. Grossbart is a licensed clinical psychologist in private practice in Boston. He is a senior clinical supervisor at the Massachusetts Mental Health Center and the Massachusetts School of Professional Psychology, and an Assistant Clinical Professor of Psychology at Harvard Medical School.
How Does It Work?
- Communication with Dr. Grossbart is via phone, or using free online voice services, such as Skype. Video sessions are a possibility as well (via Skype).
- Each session lasts 45 minutes.
- It is a paid service. The price is $210 per session.
- Your privacy is utterly important. This is why special care is taken to secure client/therapist communication. You are of course guarded by therapist-client privilege (which is a confidentiality agreement, meaning that nothing you share will be disclosed by the therapist to any third party).
Ready to Begin?
Please contact Dr. Grossbart. He will evaluate your situation and will send you a reply.
Based on Dr. Grossbart's availability, you will schedule the first session, at a time convenient to both of you.