Online Counseling for Compulsive Skin Picking Disorders
Get Expert Help and Put an End to Your Picking Compulsions
Is it possible to stop picking, totally and forever? Yes, it is.
If you’re suffering from compulsive picking, you know that it’s a very evasive disorder. It’s very hard to stop on your own. Since SkinPick.com was established (2007) we’ve been getting a lot of requests for advice and help.
Unfortunately even today, when skin picking is recognized as an official disorder by the mental health manual (DSM-5), the number of professionals who have experience in treating it is very small, compared to the number of people who need help. To answer this need, we are providing online counseling - accessible by people nationwide and worldwide.
Live a Happier Life – Free from Picking
Here are some of the changes you will experience when you free yourself from picking:
- Live a happier and more fulfilling life
- Alleviate anxiety and depression
- Improve your self esteem
- Reduce social anxiety and isolation
- Enjoy your existing relationships and open up to new ones
- Feel healthier and boost energy levels
- Sleep better
- Discover and achieve new personal and professional goals
- Increase productivity
You’re in Good Hands
We gathered the best experts under one “virtual” roof. Each one of our experts specializes in treating compulsive picking and related disorders (skin picking being the main focus of our professional work with clients). We have more than 35 years of combined experience in treating this disorder.
Get Treatment Tailored to Your Specific Case
There are various treatment methods available for Dermatillomania. Psychotherapy, or more precisely CBT (cognitive behavioral therapy) is considered the most effective treatment approach. Some of the techniques involved in CBT are HRT (habit reversal training), awareness training, self-monitoring and assessment, mindfulness.
Other techniques, outside the scope of conventional psychotherapy, include coaching, holistic and body-mind techniques, nutrition and even hypnosis.
There is no particular treatment method that is effective for everyone. Each case is different and treatment has to be tailored to the individual.
“How Does it Work?”
- We have an introduction call, on which we learn about your specific case and your goals, and suggest a treatment course.
- The treatment course is different for each individual. It will depend on your specific goals and your overall situation.
- Some clients have weekly sessions of 1 hour every week, some communicate at their convenience via email, some prefer short-term help (a single session or few sessions, to get expert advice).
- How do I communicate with the experts? We work with live online video, chat, emails, phone.
- How long will it take to stop picking? It depends on your situation and goals. Contact us for an evaluation.
- Can you guarantee I’ll stop picking? A lot of our past clients are 100% pick-free. Success depends a lot on your commitment to the treatment process.
- What about my privacy? Your privacy is top priority. This is why special care is taken to secure client/therapist communication. You are of course guarded by therapist-client privilege (which is a confidentiality agreement, meaning that nothing you share will be disclosed by the therapist to any third party).