The programme helped me identify the nature of my skin picking, as well as the triggers and feelings associated with the behaviour. It has equipped me with a variety of tools that have enabled me to overcome the behaviour. If relapses occur I know how to get back on track. I would definitely recommend the course to others.
Past client, finished the program in April 2016
1. I believe the program had some very good tips and strategies on how to manage skin picking behaviour. The responses to comments on the worksheets were always quick, helpful and much appreciated. I enjoyed that some of the sessions gave you things to work on for the week, for example practicing your competing response and implementing stimulus control. 2. Yes I would definitely recommend this program to anyone who would like some helpful strategies on how to overcome their skin picking behaviour.
Past client, finished the program in March 2016
1. Honestly , I got more out of the program than I thought I would . Since I had spent so many years picking my skin, I thought that I was already an "expert" and that I already knew what the "problem" was . As each session went along , and different aspects of my behavior (and behaviors in general) were explored , some really important insights sneaked up on me - and have definitely improved how I see myself and how to be better to myself. Even though the program is designed for a broad audience , the questions and responses are personal enough to really get to the heart of the matter . Everything is discussed in a frank , practical and non-judgemental manner , and that is much appreciated .
2. Yes. It definitely can't hurt and they may get something out of it.
Past client, finished the program in Feb 2016
1. My experience with Skin Pick program has been positive. I started it feeling excited that I had finally found something that can help me fix this problem or at the very least help me understand why I pick. I have definitely learnt a lot about myself and hope that by the end of this program I will have my picking under control.
2. I would recommend it to anyone who is looking for help with this behaviour. I did not have any other options where I come from and I would have had to explain too much to the therapist. Here, my therapist knows the problem already and there is a clear program in place.
Past client, finished the program in Jan 2016
I have learned a lot about myself and while I am still picking I feel a lot stronger emotionally. I am happy I took this course even though difficult at times. Yes I would suggest this program to others it is a subject matter hard to discuss face to face. I really felt comfortable talking like this.
Past client, finished the program in Dec 2015
I have been recommending this program and site since I discovered it. I find it to be the most informative and approachable for any user on the topics that revolve around dermatillomania. I would highly recommend this course to anyone looking to change their skin picking habits.
I was a curious skeptic when I first landed on this site. I have dermatillomania, and have struggled to understand it and stop it for over 20 years. I did not understand the correlation of my skin picking to OCD and your site opened my eyes. I read all the information in all the nooks and crannies and then with slight hesitation enrolled in the on-line therapy sessions. I found it easier to be open and honest with this program, more than a face to face therapy session. I was brutally honest here. To make this program work, for yourself, you have to be honest and sincere in your efforts. The awareness and changes do not happen overnight, every day has new challenges as well as new accomplishments. I constantly had to remind myself to think in single steps and to not run. I will always have to remind myself to slow down and acknowledge the small, single accomplishments day to day. Am I cured? No. But I am on the road to healthier skin, healthier thoughts and a healthier lifestyle that allows me to cope with and manage my OCD behaviors and my Dermatillomania. My therapist was caring and appreciative of my every effort. They posed questions to further my thought process along the way, and when I needed to take a step back and re do a few weeks, they were very supportive. There is now easy cure, no pill, no program that will solve any case of dermatillomania overnight or in a day. Your cure to dermatillomania is unique to you and only works if you are willing to put the daily effort into your individualized coping plan.
Past client, finished the program in Dec. 2015
it is really valuable as it helps us understand why we pick and the forum helps us interact with and support others with the same problem. I never understood why I picked before all these lessons.I also liked the worksheets and the detailed answers we had to give. I see complete improvement in my skin-picking. Yes, I would recommend this program .
Past client, finished the program in November 2015
Don't expect that this therapy is some miraculous cure for all your problems. Skinpicking won't disappear by itself. You have some independent work to do and it is by no means easy. However, this program provides you with great help on your way. The therapist's responses have always been very timely and I felt that I could address her with all sorts of questions, not only the ones related to skinpicking. She has always been very patient and helpful. ... In order to get the maximum effect of this program, I would recommend you to follow all the instructions and take them seriously. I am happy I have completed it: I believe it has set me on the right track.
Past client, finished the program in Oct 2015
I feel relieved that now I truly have a better understanding of the why, when, how, etc. behind my reason for picking. I am confident that I can overcome this and get back to living the well-rounded, healthy and enjoyable lifestyle I desire.
Past client, finished the program in Oct 2015
I enjoyed the process and felt the changes inside. Change is hard work! But I am so glad I did this and thank you for all your help along the way.
1) Yes I found this program valuable! I saw a mild reduction in picking. I think I need more time to internalize what I've learned which is why I'm making the notebook!
2) Yes I would recommend to others!
Past client, finished the program in Sep 2015