I think it would be interesting to know the personality traits of you skin pickers, if there could be any similarities that could help us understand and overcome our problem. It hasn't have to be really serious stuff, just things you find troublesome in your lives.
Starting with myself, fear has been a major theme in my life. These are problems I have or have had:
- Hypochondria, mostly for brain "illnesses"
- Identity crisis, for example related to gender identity
- Sexual fears, for example compulsively searching for signs that my boyfriends are pedophiles :(
- Fears of being watched. As a child I was convinced that people stared at me, and I thought there was something special/weird about me... :o I often feel really uneasy when people watch me, at times I don't want to look people in the eyes.
- As younger, fears of my thoughts being read
OK, I sound like a total wacko... It's not as bad as it sounds. :) But I would be really happy to know more about your personality traits!