The TLC Foundation wants to help
photo courtesy of The TLC Foundation http://www.bfrb.org/ecap
The TLC Foundation is now accepting applications for its Early Career Award Program (ECAP). ECAP is a mentorship and career development opportunity that supports rising stars in the field of body-focused repetitive behaviors, including trichotillomania (hair pulling) disorder, excoriation (skin picking)disorder, and related conditions.
ECAP is designed to foster interest in a career serving the BFRB community through networking, professional development activities, and mentorship from leaders in the field.
There are separate awards for both researchers and evidence-based clinicians, and they include the following:
Applying is easy, and eligibility criteria are intentionally broad. See bfrb.org/ecap for details.
- Complimentary registration to the Annual Body-Focused Repetitive Behaviors Conference hosted by The TLC Foundation for BFRBs.
- $500.00 travel stipend awarded to top three applicants (two researchers, one clinician) to be used for airfare and hotel costs associated with the conference.
- Two-hours of small-group mentoring sessions.
- Assignment of a senior mentor from the foundation's Scientific Advisory Board or Professional Training Faculty.
- Recognition at the Annual BFRB Conference.
- Investigator Track: Individual mentorship from established researchers in the field, meeting with NIMH program officers to discuss successful grant funding, potential study collaboration
- Clinical Track: Group Case consultation session with a senior clinician from the Scientific Advisory Board or Professional Training Faculty.
- Invitation to the Professional Networking Reception.
All materials must be submitted to Leslie Lee at email@example.com by January 5th, 2019.