1. I went to a beautician and invested in a whole skincare regimin she recommended - wash, exfoliator, treatment, mineral foundation etc. Note that i only felt brave enough to do this today after 7 days of not picking and most of the scabs have calmed down!!
Im hoping this will help my clear up my skin, but also make me feel guilty if i pick now that ive spent so much money trying to sort my skin out.
2. Keeping busy - i dont go into my bedroom until im ready to sleep and ive tried to do things most evenings.
3. I do 15 minutes of very basic yoga in the morning and evening - its helping to calm me down and im really getting into it.
4. I wash my face in the dark and i use a face cloth so i dont have to touch my skin with my fingers.
5. I set a timer when doing my make up in the morning - this is helping me not to pick as i know i dont have enough time to pick and wait for it to heal before i cover it. Ive also been leaving my concealer at home during the day - i know if i touch my face at all, the make up will come off and everyone can see it. It also stops me obsessing all day about whether my make up is ok.
6. Im making v brief notes each day about how i feel, whether ive picked etc and taking a photo of my face once ive removed my make up. This is painful as its making me realise how much damage ive done, but i can see some improvement since the first photo.
7. Im wearing a bracelet to remind me not to pick - as ive seen recommended by others here.
8. I tend to do most of my picking at one specifix mirror in my bathroom. Ive banned myself from using this mirror at all, and its weird but i just dont feel like picking as muchwhen i use a different one.
9. Banning myseld from touching my face AT ALL during the day - if i touch it, the urge to pick comes right back.
Anyway, i dont know if this will work for me long term, but just thought i would share what im trying in case it helps anyone else. Does anyone have any further ideas they are trying out? Much love to all - this forum is definitely helping me too!