* is there a way to post pictures!? i have the perfect, detailed pics of this!!
i know that this topic has been discussed extensively in the past, but i still don't feel like it's exactly what i am experiencing. here we go:
• lots of small, whitehead "looking" bumps on chin- NOT MILIA
• hair (tiny, almost invisible) pulls out easily
• when more inflamed, can squeeze out some white junk and it will ease the inflammation, but there is still the bump under skin.
• if i remove the bump it leads to hours, days, months of picking.
• under freshly removed scabbing i find white, fleshy dots.
• i pick (dig) at these for hours. of course, leading to a much larger scab and exposing many more "white dots"
• i think of these "dots" as the "nucleus" of each whitehead/bump/life ruiner- because once removed (no simple feat), i am left with a barely visible, pinhead size hole in the skin, and suddenly the entire scab heals perfectly and permanently
• have been to one of the best derms in the country. she put me on retinoids and spirnolactine for cystic acne (it's been awesome). she said that what i am picking at is "filiment", which is part of the layers of normal, healthy skin.
• that made sense, as they do sometimes attach to the freshly crusted scab. almost as if growing outwards to attach to the scab to form new skin.
• BUT even if i don't pick, the bump is still there. so even if it is "filiment", it's not growing into normal healthy skin.
andddd repeat cycle every few months, for a few months, for the last 15 yrs of my life.
• NOT STAYPH
• NOT DEMODEX (these are organic plugs of my own making), definitely no little worms coming out of my face
• i will admit that i have been on antidepressants for many years, and i am prone to OCD.
• BUT since this only happens on my chin and was completely healed during my entire pregnancy, i am wondering if it's hormonal.
ok that is all for now. if anyone has any valid answers, comments, cyberhugs, i'll take em.