Online Test

Find out the severity of your symptoms with this free online test

blue. , 09 Feb 2010


Hey everybody, My family thought it might help to have me see a phychiatrist about my picking. That maybe he/she could offer some advice on how i can keep myself from wrecking my face when i'm stressed or want to procrastonate. I was wondering if anyone else has tried this and what kind of results they had. If anyone can give an insight into if a psychiatrist could help that would be great! =) thanks everyone! hope you all are doing well.
3 Answers
February 12, 2010
not sure yet.....I have my annual physical with my regular doctor in April and I am going to talk to him about it and see what he recommends...keep us posted if you go.....
February 13, 2010
I see a psychiatrist and a therapist. I find it helpful, but I also have anxiety and depression so I needed meds for that too. If you don't want to be on meds, don't see a psychiatrist. But a therapist might help you get to the "cause" of your picking.
February 20, 2010
I saw a psychologist for a few sessions and they didn't help. They had no plan for me, no tips, no tricks. They just told me to stop and when I got discouraged they said they couldn't help me. This must have been a bad psychologist... Just make sure you do some research on good ones in your area first because my problem got worse after because I felt even more hopeless.

Start your journey with SkinPick

Take control of your life and find freedom from skin picking through professional therapy and evidence-based behavioral techniques.

Start Now